Wednesday, April 3, 2013

No Snow? No Problem!

Something that I had been wanting for a long time came a couple of days ago. A training cart for my team!

Now that I have three dogs, it gets a bit intense trying to run them via bikejouring, so I started looking around for a cart. I found one all the way up in Cut Bank MT and decided to buy it. The only problem was getting all the way up to Cut Bank. Then some of our friends said they were going up there for Easter and could pick it up for us! (Thank you SO much Edens family!!) It's a lightweight, fold able, Risdon Rig that is in really good condition.


This evening I decided to take it out for a little spin. It is SO much fun! 

The pups did GREAT!


Also, since we brought Loki along with us, and I had an extra harness that would fit him, I put the pieces together and thought "I wonder how he'll do pulling the cart..." So I hooked the dogs up for a second time... with Loki.

"Uhm... what ARE you doing!?"
"Really? You  mean I have to PULL that thing?!"
Good job Loki!!
Loki did better than I expected  He didn't pull a lot but I think he liked just coming along for the ride. I think we are going to have a LOT of fun with our new cart. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cart! I had to train my team with a bike in the beginning as well and I remember the day I finally brought home my cart.
    I bet you're having tons of fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having lots of fun with it! I'm sure you already found this out with your team, but it is a lot nicer than training with a bike! Especially the locking brakes. Those are VERY nice. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo you're lucky! Mine does not have locking brakes - that must be nice!
    It is so much easier (and safer! Lol) than a bike. Plus, there's, of course, a huge difference in the performance of your team at races since they're building proper muscle and stamina. The cart is such a luxury compared to a bike! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Locking brakes are very nice! Ah. That's too bad that your's doesn't have them! What type of cart do you have? I'm really excited to see how my team does in next years races because, as you said, their muscles will be able to develop better earlier in the season. :) I like it SO much better than my bike!

      Delete