Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Race to the Sky

On Sunday, we went up to watch the start of Race to the Sky. There are three classes, the 350 mile adult race, the 100 mile adult and 100 mile Jr. There were 10 teams in the 350 mile race, 5 in the 100 mile adult, and 2 in the 100 mile Jr. It was so much fun! Aiyana Ferraro, a fellow Bitterroot musher was racing in the 100 mile Jr. So I got to help handle her team at the start. My big dream is to someday race in Race to the Sky. I just need 5 more dogs...and then get them to the point to where they can run 100 miles. :) So I guess it won't happen for a while. *sigh*  Anyways, here are some pictures I took.


A team in the 350 mile class

Aiyana Ferraro getting ready

Some of her dogs. :)


Jenny Greger, 100 mile jr.

Aiyana Ferraro, 100 mile jr.

A team in the 100 mile adult class

And I can't leave out the arch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment