Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Ramblings

So it's past winter, and spring, which leads us to summer. The season in which there is much panting and the final, desperate process of huskies finishing blowing their coats. The only season in which Nora puts down her pride and actually steps into the water, and sometimes when it's getting REALLY hot she actually lies down. But that's pretty rare. Thor is always happy to leap into the water without fear. I sometimes swear he is trying to be superman with his leaps. :) The only time he doesn't go into the water is when it's cold enough to have a blanket of ice on top of the water. Sometimes I think he's part Lab. Me, well you don't exactly see a person jumping into the water with much enthusiasm. Unless your a water addict or something, which isn't exactly what I am. :)

I have decided to canicross with Thor in Mountain to Meadow 1/2 marathon at the end of this month. I think it'll be a good experience for both of us. Me, to say I have run a 1/2 marathon (even though canicrossing is kind of cheating) :) and for Thor to get more experience in races and leading with strange distractions all around him. I'm pretty excited about canicrossing this race with Thor, and I think it'll be really fun!

For an update on Nora, she's still the princess she thinks she is, when Shilah isn't wanting to attack her. (I'll get to that in a later post)  :( Nothing interesting has happened with her lately. She's just being a good, well behaved pup.

Well, back to enjoying the warmth while it's here, but still wishing there was snow. Ah, the wishes of a musher...

No comments:

Post a Comment