Monday, July 1, 2013

Good Bye My Sweet Girl!

On the 25th, about a week ago, we brought Shilah to Paws Up Safe Home.After several failed attempts of trying to get her a new home ourselves, we brought her there. I was feeling bad for giving up and bringing her to a rescue, but once I met the owners I knew she was in very good hands. They have about 40 dogs, lots of cats, and several different animals including a blind turkey. :) They have a no-kill facility and have tons of contacts with people who want to adopt. Some mushers have already came up to their place and have taken a look at her (their dogs aren't up for adoption for 30 days so that they can get to know them before getting them a home) so there is a really good chance that she will go to a working home. I am SO happy for that! They have tons of yards and fences including an acre that has a very secure 6' fence around it. I'm sad and happy at the same time about her. I was crying after we dropped her off, but I knew she was going to have a better chance at life there. I have been talking with the owner and she said Shilah is taking the transition very well and is being a very good girl. I am so happy for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment